life documented...



0 comments
Hello again, I'm a little late in starting our project life album this year and I think it's because the thought of creating the cover page always makes me feel a bit overwhelmed - I seem to put extra pressure on myself for the cover page because it will set the tone for the whole year and often feel a little anxious about getting it wrong ;) but I have done it... and am happy with how it has turned out!



I had several ideas of how I wanted to create the cover this year, but the main one that was speaking to me was to use the 'life documented' phrase which I have been using for many of my Instagram posts and with this in mind I thought about what life documented actually meant to me and decided that it was the stories... our story!


It's amazing how things seem to fall into place when you start with a plan and once my theme was set I decided to create a typed background. I used MS Word to type out 'our story 2018' using my favourite Bohemian typewriter font and played around with my printer until I got the placement just right for six 6x4" cards. I printed the text onto plain copy paper and used washi tape to hold my cards in position before feeding the page back through the printer.


I looked for accents that would help to reinforce my theme and what could be better than a cute Simple Stories typewriter image :) The chipboard frames and documented title are also some Simple Stories faves from my stash.

I used black and white to tie everything together (the circle stickers are from Kaisercraft) and repeated little pops of teal, yellow and pink with a mix of products from a range of different manufacturers.



I look forward to filling this album up, and hope you'll come back to see my progress but until then thanks for stopping by xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post