playing with Polly! scrap kits...



0 comments
I'm super excited to have a guest post over on the Polly! blog today, playing with the yummy Passionfruit Souffle - February Scrapbooking kit.  from Polly! Scrap Kits and would love for you to come over and say Hi :)
I instantly fell in love with the beautiful combination of colours and patterns from Simple Stories, Bo Bunny & My Mind's Eye in this kit, and swooned when I saw the awesome mix of embellies!!! 
I loved that even though the kit is filled with lots of pretty goodies it's very versatile and perfect for creating a range of different looks.

For my first layout I wanted to capture a moment of my youngest son busy playing with his toys on our stairs. I love taking in the little details while he plays and couldn’t resit taking a photo of his perfect little feet :)
I really like the subtle detail of wood grain papers and often use them as a base for my layouts and thought the grey colours would make a good contrast against the bright diagonal paper. I added a few strips of the thin washi tape along side the pink stripe to help draw attention to the smaller photo. The star paper was too good to pass up and so I cut up a few pieces on the same angle as the diagonal stripe and stitched these in place.
I absolutely love the cool metal arrows included in the kit and used a simple cross stitch to secure them to the page. I also used some of the bakers twine in a similar cross technique to dress up the other arrow.
and how cute are the tiny little arrows :) they make an adorable accent paired with the phrase and word stickers.

I went for a bit of a different look for this next layout featuring a snapshot of me with my boys.
I wanted a soft feel for my page and chose the confetti dots and coral stripe papers because they both have a nice creamy base and used a strip of the thin washi tape to anchor the two patterns together. 
I couldn’t wait to use the gorgeous sparkly gold enamel dots and added a few drops of gold colour mist as well as some metallic gold stitching to tie it all in.
The cute typewriter chipboard was a perfect accent to add near my journaling, and I used a Bohemian Typewriter font on my computer to print up my journaling - I cut the strips slightly wider on the bottom so I would have room to stitch them in place.

Because I still had so many awesome products left over, I decided to create another layout.
I really wanted to make use of the bold polka dot and the whimsical heart papers and combined the two for this page about my son and his cousins striking a pose for the camera.
I started this page by spraying a white cardstock base with a bit of seafoam coloured mist and stitched a 10” frame in the centre. Because I had already used the reverse side of the polka dot paper for my first layout, I used the cut out portion as a design element and filled in the missing section with the heart paper.
I used the Simple Stories stickers to help tell the story and also to add little pops of accent colour to create a nice flow across the page.

Unfortunately this gorgeous kit has already sold out (they always sell out fast) so if you don't want to miss out on the next lot of awesome kits head over to the Polly! store and check out the subscription offers. Don't forget to "like'' the Polly! face book page to keep up to date with all the upcoming releases and exclusives.... I've heard that due to popular demand Ruth is in the process of putting together an awesome embellishment kit :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post