january @ scrap the boys...



0 comments
Happy New Year!! I am starting the year with my final post as part of the Scrap The Boys design team. It's been a great year filled with lots of awesome challenges and I am finishing off my term with my take on our January mood board.


The mood board wasn't an easy one for me as I discovered that I didn't really own many purple products despite really liking the colour. I did have a perfect photo though and used this as my starting point for the page, combining bits and pieces from my stash with all the colours from the board. 


I recoloured a pinkish tag with a lilac pencil to match the photo and because my supplies were limited, I decided to use layered strips of various patterned papers from my scrap drawer. I added a few small tags to the layers and even created my own paper for the star pattern using a stencil and purple ink.  


 I used a large Crate Paper polaroid frame to bring more attention to the photo and added a few pops of gold to give the page some shine. 


If you'd like to play along, then be sure to link your layouts onto the blog by the end of the month to go in the running to win this month's prizes.
Thanks for stopping by xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post